Devore Fabric/Screen Printing Midterm

I have finished the big part of my screenprinting mid term. This is my fabric, i have 15 ft (approx) of fabric, and i dyed it with cochineal (a type of beetle used to replace red dye 3 in lipsticks and food) and aluminum acetate, and then printed the designs on. I then applied the devore paste onto the fabric. when you heat set it, it breaks down the cotton where you place it. it only breaks down cotton, so most of the printing is intact, and i put polyester thread through it on the sewing machine to give it structure.

2 Comments

  1. You better use normal devore and then use your creativity on that one instead of doing in this way. Because both the fabric and the print look messy to me. You think you do not use the print but I think its not very clear here. And the fabric looks like its been bitten by bugs..I am not even saying anything about the cheap looking polyester thread and the way its sawn…

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s